NOTE: Our guidelines were updated November 1. Please read below to learn more.
The Write Launch now has a $5 submission fee and you may wonder why.
When we started The Write Launch in May 2017, we hoped we could offer a platform for emerging and first-time writers to share their work without implementing a submission fee. However, we began to realize that in order to further our mission, we needed to think about our future. Could we continue publishing a quality literary magazine longterm without changing our policy? It has been a tough decision for us, and we debated about it over many months. In the end, we decided to add a fee. Our main reasons for doing so: to help cover operating expenses and, at some point in the future, to pay contributors.
We thank you for your continued interest in The Write Launch.
All submissions must be submitted through Submittable.
The Write Launch is an online literary magazine publishing creative works of short story, poetry, creative nonfiction, novella, and novel chapters. Please browse the site and read previous issues before submitting.
- The Write Launch is published on the 1st day of each month.
- Authors can expect a response 21-30 days after submission.
- Submit to only one category in one submission period.
- Submissions must be original work not previously published in any format, including blogs and websites.
- Copyright belongs to the author and will be included on each work.
- Editorial staff selects images for published works. Please do not send photos with your submission.
- Works selected for publication will be edited for grammatical errors.
- Simultaneous submissions are accepted but withdraw your submission if accepted elsewhere.
- The Write Launch has a $5 submission fee.
- Direct all comments or questions to email@example.com.
A Feedback option is also now available for each category. Selecting the feedback option for your submission does not guarantee your submission will be selected for publication online, but it does guarantee a summary of insights and recommendations on your work. Editor’s feedback response will be completed within 7 to 10 days after submission date.
Categories for Submission
Submit 1 unpublished short story per issue, 1500 – 7500 words. Please format your submission double spaced and include word count.
Submit maximum of 3 unpublished poems in a single document.
Each poem should have a title.
Long Short Story
The Long Short Story replaces the “Novella” category.
Submit 1 unpublished short fiction with word count between 7,500-15,000 words. Please format your submission double-spaced and include word count. Submissions that exceed maximum word count will not be considered for publication.
*Click here for more information on why we renamed this category.
“The words “creative” and “nonﬁction” describe the form. The word ‘creative’ refers to the use of literary craft, the techniques ﬁction writers, playwrights, and poets employ to present nonﬁction—factually accurate prose about real people and events—in a compelling, vivid, dramatic manner. The goal is to make nonﬁction stories read like ﬁction so that your readers are as enthralled by fact as they are by fantasy.” – Creative Nonfiction
Submit 1 unpublished creative nonfiction, maximum 3,500 words.
Please format your submission double-spaced and include word count.
Submit 1 chapter only of an unpublished novel, maximum 7500 words.
Include a brief synopsis of the story. Please format your submission double-spaced and include word count.