The Write Launch is an online literary magazine publishing creative works of short story, poetry, creative nonfiction, long short story, and novel excerpts. Please browse the site and read previous issues before submitting.
- The Write Launch is published on the 1st of each month (except when the 1st of the month is a holiday, in which case The Write Launch is published the following day).
- Authors can expect a response 30 to 45 days after submission.
- Submit to only one category in one submission period.
- Copyright belongs to the author and will be included on each work.
- Submissions must be original work not previously published in any format.
- Editorial staff selects images for published works. Please do not send photos with your submission.
- Works selected for publication will be edited for grammatical errors.
- Simultaneous submissions are accepted but please withdraw your submission if accepted elsewhere.
- The Write Launch has a $5 submission fee.
- Please direct all comments or questions to email@example.com.
A Feedback option is also now available for each category. Selecting the feedback option for your submission does not guarantee your submission will be selected for publication online, but it does guarantee a summary of insights and recommendations on your work. Editor’s feedback response will be completed within 30 to 45 days after submission date.
Categories for Submission
Submit 1 unpublished short story per issue, 1,500 - 7,500 words. Please format your submission double spaced and include word count.
Submit maximum of 3 unpublished poems in a single document.
Each poem should have a title.
Long Short Story
The Long Short Story replaces the “Novella” category.
Submit 1 unpublished short fiction, 7,500-15,000 words. Please format your submission double-spaced and include word count. Submissions that exceed maximum word count will not be considered for publication.
*Click here for more information on why we renamed this category.
"The words “creative” and “nonﬁction” describe the form. The word 'creative' refers to the use of literary craft, the techniques ﬁction writers, playwrights, and poets employ to present nonﬁction—factually accurate prose about real people and events—in a compelling, vivid, dramatic manner. The goal is to make nonﬁction stories read like ﬁction so that your readers are as enthralled by fact as they are by fantasy." - Creative Nonfiction
Submit 1 unpublished creative nonfiction, maximum 3,500 words.
Please format your submission double-spaced and include word count.
Submit 1 chapter only of an unpublished novel, maximum 7,500 words.
Include a brief synopsis of the story. Please format your submission double-spaced and include word count.