All submissions are completed through Submittable.
***Submissions for the June 2018 online issue of The Write Launch will open April 15 for all categories. Please visit our Submittable page for further details. Thank you!***
The Write Launch is an online literary magazine publishing creative works of short story, poetry, creative nonfiction, short novella, and novel excerpts. Submissions must be original work not previously published in any format, including blogs and websites. Please take a moment to browse the site and read previous issues before submitting.
- The Write Launch is published on the 1st day of each month.
- Authors can expect a response 21-30 days after submission.
- Copyright belongs to the author and will be included on each work.
- Editorial staff will select an image to accompany publication.
- Works selected for publication will be edited for grammatical errors.
- The Write Launch has no submission fees.
- Please direct all comments or questions to email@example.com.
Categories for Submission
Submit 1 short story per issue, maximum 6,000 words.
Submit maximum 3 poems in a single document.
Each poem should have a title. One poem will be selected for publication.
Submit 1 creative nonfiction, maximum 3,500 words.
“The words “creative” and “nonﬁction” describe the form. The word ‘creative’ refers to the use of literary craft, the techniques ﬁction writers, playwrights, and poets employ to present nonﬁction—factually accurate prose about real people and events—in a compelling, vivid, dramatic manner. The goal is to make nonﬁction stories read like ﬁction so that your readers are as enthralled by fact as they are by fantasy.” – Creative Nonfiction
Novel Excerpts / Novella
Submit 1 unpublished novella, maximum 12,500 words.
Submit 1 chapter of an unpublished novel.
Include a brief summary of the story.