General Submission Guidelines
The Write Launch is an online literary magazine publishing creative works of poetry, short story, long short story, novel excerpt, and creative nonfiction. There are two submission periods per month: 1) general submissions considered for publication and (2) feedback ONLY submissions offered to writers of work at any stage of development. Below are guidelines for General submissions.
Browse the site and read previous issues before submitting.
- The Write Launch is published on the 1st of each month (exceptions for 2023: April 3, July 3, and October 2).
- General category submissions open on the 15th of each month and close on the 30th.
- Submit in one category in one submission period.
- Submissions must be original work not previously published in any format.
- Include a brief biographical statement in the third person (published with accepted work).
- Proofread your submission.
- If a simultaneous submission is accepted elsewhere, notify The Write Launch and withdraw your submission.
- Work selected for publication is edited for punctuation and grammatical errors. Only Word documents are accepted, and any edits and/or suggested revisions prior to publication will be completed using Track Changes and sent to writer via Submittable for pre-publication approval.
- Editorial staff selects images for published works. Do not send photos with your submission.
- Writers’ Copyright will be prominent on each work.
- The Write Launch has a $5.00 submission fee.
- Direct all comments or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Categories for Submission
Submit maximum of 3 unpublished poems in a single document. Each poem should have a title.
Submit 1 unpublished short story per issue, 1,500 - 7,500 words. Please format your submission double spaced and include word count.
Long Short Story
Submit 1 unpublished short fiction, 7,500-15,000 words. Please format your submission double-spaced and include word count. Submissions that exceed maximum word count will not be considered for publication.
Submit 1 chapter only of an unpublished novel, maximum 4,000 words. Include a brief synopsis of the story. Please format your submission double-spaced and include word count.
Submit 1 unpublished creative nonfiction, maximum 3,500 words. Please format your submission double-spaced and include word count.