Feedback Only Submission Guidelines
The Write Launch is an online literary magazine publishing creative works of poetry, short story, long short story, novel excerpt, and creative nonfiction. There are two submission periods per month: 1) general submissions considered for publication and (2) feedback ONLY submissions offered to writers of work at any stage of development.
Below are guidelines for Feedback submissions only.
- The editor of The Write Launch offers developmental feedback and line editing to writers in any stage of writing. Descriptions of both types of editing are provided in the specific category submission form. Select developmental or line editing when submitting your work.
- Feedback ONLY submissions are not considered for publication.
- Feedback ONLY category submissions are open 3 full days from the 5th to the 7th of each month.
- The requested feedback will be sent to writers 20 – 30 days after submission.
- Word document file format only.
- Additional guidelines are listed in the individual category forms.
- Direct all comments or questions to email@example.com.
- Feedback fees apply as follows:
Submit maximum of 3 poems in a single document. Each poem should have a title.
Submit 1 short story per issue, 1,500 - 7,500 words. Please format your submission double spaced and include word count.
3,499 words or less
Long Short Story
Submit 1 short fiction, 7,500-15,000 words. Please format your submission double-spaced and include word count.
7,500 to 9,999 words
Submit 1 chapter only of an novel, maximum 4,000 words. Include a brief synopsis of the story. Please format your submission double-spaced and include word count.
Maximum 4,000 words
Submit 1 creative nonfiction, maximum 3,500 words. Please format your submission double-spaced and include word count.
Maximum 3,500 words